The Benefits of Membership
Membership in the Right of Way Consultants Council is limited to firms that are in the business of providing right of way and land acquisition related services and meet the Board approved criteria for membership. The many benefits to being a member of the Consultants Council include:
- Members are leaders in the right of way consulting industry.
- Members are recognized as adhering to a high level of professional standards.
- Members are able to participate in the development of right of way industry standards.
- Members have a voice in the future direction of the right of way consulting industry.
- Members can receive email updates of discussion forums specific to their specialties, interests, and/or needs.
- Members have voting rights on Consultants Council business and elect the Board.
- Members are connected to a diverse network of member firms.
- The Right of Way Consultants Council is a mechanism for members to meet others in the right of way consulting industry.
- Members have input on and receive updates of Consultants Council activities and meetings.
- Members can receive email updates of new RFQ/RFP listings from the IRWA website and others (coming soon).
- Members receive notices and updates on issues that are important to the industry.
- Members have full participation in the Right of Way Consultants Council website (except board member sections).
- Members have access to forms, documents, and information in all sections of the download center.
- Members can enroll all employees of their firm to use the website at no additional charge.
- Members have the opportunity to post a direct link to their website (additional fees apply)
- Members are the future of the right of way industry!
Criteria for Membership
- Members of the Right of Way Consultants Council must be in the business of providing right-of-way and land acquisition related services, and:
- Members shall be companies, partnerships or sole proprietorships in good standing with any state or province in which they are engaged in business.
- All members must be authorized to do business in at least one state or province.
- Members must maintain an appropriate level of professional liability insurance coverage.
- Members must maintain an appropriate level of general liability insurance coverage.
- Members must support professional development of their employees.
- Members shall divulge if they have ever been disqualified from doing business in any state or province.
- Members require and assure that their employees and other individuals or entities providing right of way services under their direction comply with the IRWA Code of Ethics.
- Members must be in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local withholding tax and employment laws and regulations (including but not limited to IRS Publication 15-A).
- Members shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the specific right of way and acquisition related services they provide.
- Members shall assure that all their contractors, subcontractors and independent agents comply with all applicable laws and regulation relating to the specific services they provide.
- Members shall be affirmed by a quorum of the Board.
Listing of Dues for Established Membership Categories:
◈ 0-20 employees, agents, contractors $100
◈ 21-50 employees, agents, contractors $200
◈ 51-100 employees, agents, contractors $350
◈ Over 100 employees, agents, contractors $500
◈ Client Affiliate* $100
◈ Vendor Affiliate* $100
New Member Application
*Client Affiliates are consumers of right of way and land acquisition services.
*Vendor Affiliates are those providing goods and services to those offering right of way and land acquisition-related services.